This hands-on course on quantitative survey design was developed for students and professionals who would like to further their understanding of social science research and data analysis. The goal of this course is to help students establish the foundation they will need in order to effectively evaluate and design survey instruments for data collection and analysis.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Identify and avoid common survey errors
- Develop Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely (SMART) survey objectives
- Align survey questions with survey objectives
- Write survey questions that will get results
- Design and administer surveys effectively
The course is recommended for graduate students, small business owners, charter and private school operators, and community-based nonprofit organizations.